FOR RECIPE,WATCH VIDEO VISIT BELOW THE PAGE
You will be obsessed with its flavor and texture. Warning you, you will be requested to prepare it again and again. Strawberry cake with delicious cheese cream or buttercream makes the cake fudgier and delight. Now let’s move to the ingredients of this lovely Strawberry cake.
This cake can be prepared with very few ingredients and you also don’t need to be an expert baker to make this cake. As its ingredients are little, the recipe is very simple and the preparation time is also very less. So it can be your lifesaver in a time of sudden get-together.
You can use the same ingredient in less proportion to prepare the strawbery short cake for your kitty party or for your little ones.
|strawberry short cake icecream:
if we add the ice cream in the cake means for the frosting mix with the cream the cake becomes more delicious and delightful cake. very fudgy and have more enjoyment of eating the cake. strawberry shortcake with ice cream makes cake little heaviness. but don’t worry when you took out of the refrigerator its heaviness is not felt.so I recommend you to also taste the strawberry shortcake with ice cream.a delightone cake recipe ever.
The main ingredient of this yummy cake is strawberries. You would be required almost 2 pounds of strawberries for the cake and sauce. The quantity of ingredients mentioned in our recipe is for 9” cake. Accordingly, you can increase or decrease the ingredient quantity. You can also use the dried strawberries and pink food color to give more color and flavor to your strawberry cake recipe.
Ingredients for strawberry sauce:
- Granulated sugar, ¼ cup or to taste
- 16 oz fresh and hull removed strawberries
How to Prepare Strawberry sauce:
Take the two ingredients and put them in blender or food processor to gather and mix them into a delicious sauce in form of puree. You can add sugar as per the requirement of very sweet or very tart strawberries.
There are many ways of making this syrup. But this is the simple one. And we said in the beginning, we are going to make a simple but delicious recipe. If you really want to make the syrup in other style, you can.
Make sure the strawberries are not left in very big chunks. Smalls chunks will add up more flavor to your cake. This is a simple syrup but as we know that syrup taste play a vital role in the food taste. So taste it properly and once you are happy with the flavor, then move to the main recipe of strawberry cake.
Ingredients for Strawbery cake:
- All-purpose flour, 2 cup
- Larges eggs, 2
- Sour cream, 1 cup
- Granulated sugar, 1 cup
- Baking powder, 2 tsp
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Powder sugar for dusting, 1 tsp
- Light olive oil or vegetable oil, ½ cup
- Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
- Hulled strawberries, 12 oz
How to bake a strawberry cake:
- Take a large mixing bowl. Put 2 eggs and I cup of sugar in it. Now with an electric hand mixer or a normal egg beater, beat the eggs and sugar together on high speed at least for 5 minutes. When you see the color changes to light and it’s become thick, then stop.
- Now add I cup of sour cream, I tsp vanilla and a half cup of oil in the mixture and beat again, but now at low speed until all ingredients well combined. Do not use high speed at this step as cream needs to be mixed in slow motion or it may give some oily texture which is not good for your recipe.
- Take a small bowl and add 2 cups of all-purpose flour 2 tsp baking soda. Also, add ¼ tsp salt and make sure all ingredients are well incorporated. Now add flour mixture to the batter 1/3 at a time with the help of a mixer at low speed. Continue mixing and let the flour incorporate properly with each addition. Make sure not to over mix and it affects the strawberry cake texture. Mostly it ends up with dense texture and non-fluffy texture.
- You need to prepare a pan for baking the mixture, for that utter a baking pan along with lining the bottom with parchment paper. It is always recommended to preheat the oven to 375 Degree Fahrenheit. If you will not preheat the oven at the recommended temperature, the cake will not come up fluffy. It will take more time to bake and usually come up dry
- As we took 12 oz of strawberries, dice half of strawberries and slice the rest into halves for using in the strawberry cake. As mentioned above we can also take dried strawberries as well to put in the cake but that you need to add up in the batter. So while preparing the batter, you can also add up dried strawberries if you want.
- Now pour half of the batter into a pre-prepared pan. After this place, the 6 oz of diced strawberries on the batter and spread the remaining batter over the top.
- You can now cover the surface of the batter with the remaining 6 oz of halved strawberries. Keep them in a way that cut side should be down and press them slightly down into the batter.
- Bake your mixture at 375 Degree Fahrenheit for 45 to 55 minutes. You can check the mixture status by inserting a toothpick in the center and check whether it comes out clean or not.
- Once it is ready, take the pan out of the oven.
- Don’t rush to take the cake out of the oven. Let it rest in pan for 15 to 20 minutes. After that remove ring and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once the cake temperature is down, run a thin spatula or knife around the cake edges to loosen from pan. After doing this, transfer the cake to a cake platter. Your yummy and delicious cake is ready to go down into your loved ones’ tummies.
- While serving, dust with powder sugar and pour slices with strawberry syrup with a big heart.
Bonus tips for making your strawberry cake recipe experience amazing
- It is very important to measure flour correctly. As up and down in flour quantity affect the texture and even the taste of the cake. For this always take dry ingredients measuring cup and remove the top of flour hill in a cup with a straight edge. Also, use a spoon to fill the measuring cup rather than dipping the measuring cup into the flour bin. This is important as direct taking flour from flour bin result up to 20% to 25% more compact ingredient in measuring cup.
- Always use room temperature eggs for making a cake mixture. For doing so, if you take the eggs from the fridge, dip them for some time into a warm bowl of water and then use them in your strawberry cake recipe.
- It is never recommended to over mix the batter if you want light and fluffy cake. Over mixing of batter could result in making cake denser and less fluffy.
- It’s better to taste the strawberries before using them in your cake and syrup. Accordingly, you will be using sugar in your recipe.
- Never try to pull out the cake from the pan as soon as you took out from the oven. There are chances that while taking out cake hot, you may not take it out in proper shape. Always let the cake cool down to room temperature and then take it out of the pan. Similarly never put syrup on the hot cake as it will also change the taste of syrup.
This part is, especially for my diet conscious ladies. Strawberry is a delicious fruit but it’s healthy as well. Moreover, we have not used a large quantity of butter and cream so that everyone should enjoy the bites of this cake. Here are some important nutrition facts for you regarding this strawberry cake recipe. These values are based on the amount per serving.
Total calories: 368
Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 44 mg
Sodium: 91 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 29 g
You can enjoy this cake straight away or can keep it in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. If you want to keep it for a long time, you need to keep the strawberry cake in the freezer. This cake can be frozen for up to a month. Once it is completely cool down, cover your cake with a freezer wrap or aluminum foil and keep it in the freezer.
You can also do different experiments with this recipe like you can use fresh, frozen, and dried strawberries for syrup and prepare it by boiling the water, sugar, and strawberries together and use it once it is cool. Similarly, u can also only use dried strawberries for strawberry cake mixture.
Whatever you do new to this recipe, I bet you will land up to something really yummy.